Equity Release & Re-Mortgage
Services for you
This is a range of products that allows you access to the cash tied up in your home. You can take the money you release as a lump sum or in several smaller amounts or a combination of both.
There are two types of Equity Release and it is very important to take legal advice on the options before you make the decision.
As your Solicitor, we will carry out the legal work in connection with your plan. Part of our service will be to review the full details of the plan, including the rights and obligations of you and your product provider under the contract, should you choose to go ahead. Then we will discuss the terms and conditions of your contract with you. We will only sign when we are satisfied that you fully understand your rights, obligations, and benefits and that you wish to proceed with the plan.
- Take a mortgage on your home that does not require monthly repayments
- You maintain ownership
- The interest can be rolled up and the interest is paid as part of your estate, there could be the option to repay the interest monthly if you wish
- This mortgage is repayable when the last borrower dies or goes into long-term care
- This means both you and your partner are free to live in your home for the rest of your lives
- This allows you to sell part of your home to a home reversion provider
- The provider will take into account your age and your health and will provide you with a tax-free cash lump sum (or regular payments)
- This is on a lifetime lease, so can live in the property, for the rest of your life, rent free
- There is no interference or restrictions on how you treat and live in the house; it’s your private home to live in freely
- The property is sold when the last borrower dies or goes into long-term care
We are a member of The Equity Release Council, an independent body that protects clients when they take out an Equity release loan. Members opt to be part of this council so that they prove they offer a higher standard of service and safeguards their clients
Looking for a quote?
This is when you replace the existing mortgage on the property with another one, and you may want to re-mortgage for many reasons. The most common reason is to change to a provider for a better interest rate or to extend the terms of your mortgage.
Once you have agreed your re-mortgage terms and conditions, this is where we come in and the process includes:
- Investigation into the title of your property to make sure the new lender can have their mortgage secured on your home
- We would need identification of all parties as part of the Anti-money Laundering (AML) rules and regulations
- We will do searches on your property to check there are no issues with the property which could impact the mortgage terms and conditions
- Once we are happy with the title and the mortgage you will sign the mortgage deed
- We will ask for the redemption statement and make the necessary payments to pay off your old mortgage in full
- If there is any balance due to you after all fees and Land Registry fees, we will pay this on completion
Please complete our form or contact us for a fixed fee quote for dealing with your Re-mortgage matter. We pride ourselves in knowing all the information to give you an accurate quote, so that fees will not increase as the transactions progresses.
If you wish to discuss the quote you have received, or compare this to others please contact our offices and we would be happy to discuss further.
If you require assistance with any other matter such as a Transfer of Equity, Equity Release or Deed of Gift please visit the page on the link below for more information and a contact form.